Today I received the first parts of my 3D-printed stern decoration. I was excited when I opened the package because this is by far the most complicated part I made. At the first glance I was disappointed because I thought the pillars are “melted” together at some places which would have meant that the space between them is to small. But the I realized that it was only recess wax from the production process which can easily be removed! Uff!
Now I am really happy with the quality of the parts! The picture below shows the parts still uncleaned on their support cage, which is necessary because they are really delicate! You can also see some of the recess wax on the lower pillar row on the left half. At the moment I am working on the equivalent parts for the side galleries. Once they are finished I will offer the complete set at Shapeways.
I hope can can get a better camera and take a clearer pricture….